Tanker spill closes Hwy 17 | Environment
Highway 17 is closed as crews from the Department of Ecology work to transfer ethanol from a tanker truck that crashed in a bridge over Lind Coulee around 6 am.
No one was hurt in the crash. Ecology reports that less than 100 gallons of ethanol spilled onto the roadway and none of it reached water in a nearby canal. Highway 17 will remain closed as crews work to transfer approximately 6,0000 gallons of ethanol into a new tank and right the truck.
For more information follow the Washington Department of Ecology on Twitter.
Upcoming Events near Moses Lake - Grant County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade